If you're into racing your side by side or just use it for recreation, it's always a bonus to be able to talk to your co-driver, especially when you need a second set of eyes. However, it can get really loud during your ride and no one likes to yell so Rugged Radios created the 2 Person Intercom System with Behind-The-Head Headset Kit. With this kit, you'll be able to talk between the driver and co-driver plus listen to your favorite tunes while you're out cruising.
The RRP660 Intercom is the easiest of Rugged Radios intercoms to install and adapts to almost any external device for a true plug-n-play setup. It combines race proven performance, total VOX control, and aluminum extrusion construction so it's strong and durable. The VOX feature, or Voice Operated Transmission, makes this system stand out from other intercoms because if music is playing, the music will automatically mute when conversation begins between the driver and co-driver then softly comes back when the conversation ends.
The Intercom system comes with the Ultimate kit. The Ultimate Kit Features the H42 Ultimate Behind-The-Head Headset is available in a stylish Carbon Fiber Finish only, comfortable Gel Ear Seals with cloth covers to reduce sweat, and a full flex microphone boom with Foam Mic Windscreen.
RRP660 Intercom Features:
- Dimensions: 4.5"(Width) x 4.125"(Depth)
- Operable for 2-4 Persons
- 25 watts
- Aluminum Extrusion Housing for Total Circuit Shielding
- Total VOX (Voice Operated Transmission) Control
- Front 3.5mm Music-In Port with Auto Music Muting
- Front Quick Connect Port for Cell Phones (cable sold separately, see options)
- Detachable Rear Music / Cell / Audio Port Connection
- Adjustable Depth and Angle with Quick Mounting "L" Bracket
- Precision Tune Mic Gain Control
- High Output Amplifier for Outstanding Music Listening
- Isolated Grounds for Eliminating Ground Loop Issues
- Clear Filtered Audio Circuiting
Ultimate H42 Headset Features:
- Behind-The-Head Design
- Over-The-Head Velcro Straps
- Stainless Steel Headband in Back
- Clear Hear Audio Speakers
- 5-Pin Universal Radio Port
- Red M1 Dynamic Noise Cancelling Mic
- Easy to Use Volume Control
- Carbon Fiber Style Finish
- Hard Wired Coil Cord with Molded Off-road Plug
- Foam Mic Windscreen
- Full Flex Microphone Boom
- Large Conforming Gel Ear Seals
- Deluxe Cloth Ear Covers for Comfort and are Breathable
Each Kit Includes:
- (1) RRP660 Intercom
- (2) 12 ft. Headset Cables
- (1) Universal 3.5mm Music Cord (for MP3/iPod/Smartphone, etc.)
- (1) 2 pc. L-Bracket Intercom Mounting Kit (requires drilling)
- (2) Headsets
Optional In-Dash Intercom Mount: Mount your RRP660 Intercom easily with this flush style mounting bracket. Black anodized, stamped steel offers durable and secure mounting for a variety of dashes. This mount requires you to cut a hole in your dash to install.
Optional Cell Phone-To-Intercom Cable: This cable is required to connect your phone to your intercom in order to make and receive calls through the headset. It also acts as your music cable to stream music into your intercom. Using this cable will deactivate the VOX feature. This cable is compatible with Motorola, Samsung, LG, Apple or any phone equipped with a 3.5mm input port. Choose between a front connection or rear connection.
Click to view Installation and Operating Instructions
Upgrade this Intercom System to be able to talk to other cars by also purchasing the “Car-To-Car Communications Kit with Mobile Radio by Rugged Radios”, visit Rugged Radios Brand Page by clicking this link to view that product.